2. How long have you been doing CrossFit (and at TBL)? What class(es) do you normally attend?
I’ve been at CFTBL for a little over a year now! I almost exclusively come to the 4:45 since that about when I get out of work but I’ll do 6pm every once in a while.
3. What’s your why? Why did you start? Why do you stay?
I grew up playing soccer my whole life, practice 2-3 times a week and a game on the weekend but when I started college I didn’t exactly have the time to do organized sports. I went to the school gym whenever I could but it was just really boring being stagnant the entire time. One summer my cousin’s CF gym was having a groupon deal so I decided to try it out and I fell in love. The community and the workout regimen in Crossfit was so amazing that it ruined normal gyms for me and I just waited until I had a normal enough schedule to fit it into my routine.
4. What does a typical day look like for you? In and outside of the gym!
I’m pretty simple. I start off my day working, go straight to the gym, then go home, cook and either lounge about the rest of the night watching Netflix/playing video games or meet up with friends to do tivia or whatever sport we’re signed up for. Weekends are more varied haha
5. What do you enjoy most about CFTBL? Favorite/least favorite movement?
I know everyone says it in these things but the community really is amazing at CFTBL. I love the more gymnastics movements on the bar like C2B, MU, and T2B mainly because I’m good at them but the clean is something that I also really enjoy. Squat snatches and overhead squats are awful (I just don’t have the mobility or confidence with them so they get super frustrating but I’m working on it!)
6. After a hard workout, what is your favorite meal?
7. What is one goal you are currently working on?
So many things, nothing is ever enough. Mainly hitting higher weights on my lifts or hand stand walks.
8. What is one tip you would give to incoming/new members?
Everybody is at a different level of fitness. Don’t be intimidated or embarrassed that you’re not lifting a ton of weight or you’re not able to do certain movements during the workout. Building strength and technique is a long process. Just don’t try to rush it and hurt yourself.
9. What accomplishment are you most proud of (inside and outside of the gym)?
In the gym is was probably getting ring muscle ups although I need some brushing up. Outside of the gym is probably moving to CT completely alone knowing nobody and being able to settle in and make some great friends inside and out of the gym.