Dan and Sheila Higgins
2. How long have you been doing CrossFit (and at TBL)? What class(es) do you normally attend?
We have been doing CrossFit for 5 months and attend the 4:45 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. bootcamp classes.
3. What’s your why? Why did you start? Why do you stay?
We are becoming empty nesters and wanted something we could do together. We have worked out (Dan off and on) for over 20 years but needed a change from the typical gym. We keep coming back because of the constant challenges and motivation to achieve levels we would not on our own.
4. What does a typical day look like for you? In and outside of the gym!
Off to work every morning, lead a manufacturing team for 8 hours, head to CrossFit after work 3 days a week. After our CrossFit workouts I do a little Netflix therapy as recovery! Sheila does S3 (School, Studying, Starbuck)! Working on my degree in Business Office Technology at MCC. Usually the 4:45 class, Big Y (and bump into someone from CF class) and home for some Netflix.
5. What do you enjoy most about CFTBL? Favorite/least favorite movement?
We enjoy the personable and dedicated coaching staff. The encouragement we get from both the coaches and others working out. It is more of a community than a gym. (Dan) Favorite exercise squats and deadlifts, least favorite double-unders (just can’t get them!). (Sheila) Favorite exercise squats and relays; least favorite snatch squats.
6. After a hard workout, what is your favorite meal?
Chicken, rice, and broccoli (dessert for Sheila!)
7. What is one goal you are currently working on?
(Sheila) hand stands and squat snatches
(Dan) hand stand push-ups and pull ups
8. What is one tip you would give to incoming/new members?
Do not get discouraged and keep pushing yourself. Ask questions if you are uncertain how to do a movement.
9. What accomplishment are you most proud of (inside and outside of the gym)?
Inside the gym, a lot of changes physically and mentally in a very short time. Outside the gym raising three good kids!