2. How long have you been doing CrossFit (and at TBL)? What class(es) do you normally attend?
I have been doing CrossFit for 4ish years. I’ve been with TBL for exactly a year. I don’t have a “normal” time. I go whenever I can.
3. What’s your why? Why did you start? Why do you stay?
I lived most of my life thinking that I was a “big guy.” I woke up one morning and realized that I was a morbidly obese man, and decided I needed a change. I started CrossFit the following week. I stayed because it worked, I lost almost 200 lbs, and all my health issues went away. I stay now because I enjoy the challenge everyday!
4. What does a typical day look like for you? In and outside of the gym!
I work, I parent, I eat food, I go to the gym. There’s a million other things in there but who has time to read about all of that.
5. What do you enjoy most about CFTBL? Favorite/least favorite movement?
I enjoy the people the most. There’s just something about Cory going from person to person in the gym on an early Saturday giving everyone a hug that makes it great. My favorite movement is the snatch and least favorite is burpees, because what deviant loves those?!
6. After a hard workout, what is your favorite meal?
Avocado toast seems to be my thing right now. Or donuts… definitely donuts!
7. What is one goal you are currently working on?
Personally, I am working on reading for fun. Physically I am still working on double unders. But, I bought a new rope and the advertisements tell me that I am guaranteed to be successful, so there’s that.
8. What is one tip you would give to incoming/new members?
When you think it’s not working, it is. When you feel like cutting a corner, don’t. Don’t ever give up.
9. What accomplishment are you most proud of (inside and outside of the gym)?
I am proud that I have been able to maintain my fitness for the past 4 years. And I am proud that some pretty crazy people call me dad.